Monday, October 27, 2008

Hows it going?

It's been a while since I last posted. So I am listening to Detektivbyrån right now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbJggUcBM8I

it is pretty cool stuff in my opinion. Creating a itunes profile to buy 2 of there albums and becks latest.

I realized that I don't often follow up and do what I want to do.... like I have lists of music i would like to buy... things to do... I just keep putting them all off.
Well that was random.

So I have been talking to my bother chis about how cheap it is to fly to Hawaii in January. He re-searched it and found that round trip to Honolulu is 344 dollars including taxes. I am quite surprised. So it got me starting to think about traveling and how stuck I am in my comfort zone.
I would love to go... just buy a ticket now and say "Too late now!" Quite honestly it scares the shit out of me. Traveling on my own....... uggg.... it gives me the shivers. I really need to get out of my comfort zone..... I am becoming way to settled just working this job and relaxing. i am not talking about leave my job and moving tomorrow or anything..... I am trying to save some money to travel at the moment. I guess I am just living day to day... I think I need to mix thing up a bit. Well i will get up early tomorrow.... if it kills me. I don't care how little sleep I get. time to make some changes. Getting up earlier will be a start.

Ok.. just set 3 alarms.

I have been getting up @ 9:30 for a few months now... my body is not going to want to change.
I am a bit worried about work tomorrow. I am scheduled for 8 days straight. I felt so burn out today already. It was very busy today... I felt like crawling into a corner... well not just busy... hectic and very stressful. ugg

Well if I can pull this off...... making myself uncomfortable.... I am going to hate myself for it.. but in the end I will be a happier person.

well time to try to wind down.... I am going to be getting hardly any sleep tonight.

2 comments:

Chris-Tina Moreno said...

Matt - Just remember, fear only holds people back. I too was afraid when I went to Spain, but I went anyway and it was perhaps the best experience of my life (top three anyway). It helped that I knew I would have a place to live and classes to take there. So you can do the same - find lodging through WWOOFing or hospitalityclub.org or couchsurfing. Or just bring a small tent and sleeping bag and sleep anywhere. Just jump in with both feet - don't let fear limit your experience.

Lori said...

One of the times in my life that I felt like I was *really living* was a bus ride from Helsinki to Turku, completely by myself. I was 23, had been living in Slovakia for six months, and had flown that morning by myself from Kosice to Helsinki. I got off the plane and tracked down the right bus to take me to my friend's town in Turku, where she was waiting for me. I will never forget watching this beautiful white world fly past me from the bus window (it was December), feeling thrilled that I was doing this completely on my own. Yes, it was a little scary, but what a feeling.
Get your ass on a plane to Hawaii. You can *so* do that (fyi: some of our best friends, Ian and Amanda, just moved to Maui and would be happy to meet you there).