Wednesday, September 24, 2008


I made steak for dinner tonight. This was my first time ever cooking a steak. I had no clue what i was doing but i have heard of people pan searing them and then broiling them... i don't know if you are suppose to do one or the other.... I pan seared it for about 5 min... seasoned in with just fresh ground pepper and sea salt and then threw it into the oven for about 7 minutes. I am really pleased how it turned out. Next time I will marinate it for a few hours. I used a boneless t-bone steak. I am sure it was the wrong type of steak and I did everything wrong but it was very juicy and pretty tender... so I can't complain. Got some tomatoes from the garden while it was cooking and that was dinner! It is fun to try something completely new.

3 comments:

Snl said...

Arthur says the marinate thing will be a mistake because your steak will not be juicy!
Who's Arthur? Th guy in the other side of the camera at Skype and yes, he know's what he talks about, lol!
;)
Nice tomatoes by the way! You eat them like that?

Lori said...

Look at them 'maters! Damn you and your flu! ;)

Unknown said...

I heard a poem that made me think of you. This is more a comment on your last youtube video, but it was too many characters. Let's see if Blogger has a problem:

WITH THAT MOON LANGUAGE

Admit something: Everyone you see, you say to them,

"LOVE ME."

Of course, you do not say this out loud;

Otherwise, someone would call the cops.

Still though, think about this ~

This great pull in us to connect.

Why not become the one who lives with the full moon in each eye,

That is always saying,

With that sweet moon language,

What every other eye in this world is dying to hear."

~Hafiz