Thursday, August 28, 2008

Sake

To celebrate getting a job and having alot of ones in my wallet I went to Fred Meyer to buy a few bottles of sake, wine, and beer. This is what I bought....

From left to right....
a 6 pack of Bridgeport "Blue Heron Pale Ale"(a good local brew)
a bottle of
Momokawa "Pearl" Junmai Ginjo Nigori Genshu Sake... (a less filtered sake which is cloudy)
Hakutsuru Draft Sake.... which i just drank.. it very good and smooth
Hakutsuru generic Sake... the same type that i bought 2 nights ago(not as smooth as the draft)
Goats do Roam red wine.... this is an African wine... I have had it before... I highly recommend it

anyho
I am happy ot have a job and I have been using some of my tips to try new types of sake. Now that I have money, I can't wait to go to sushi again!

I am not a big fan of hard alcohol..... i love wine and beer is good.... but sake is a completely unexplored world for me. After having the Hakutsuru Draft Sake tonight I am excited to try for types of sake and find what is affordable and good tasting. the draft sake was the smoothest i have ever drank. I had some really good Nigori(unfiltered) sake and I would like to find more unfiltered sake. It was a very interesting taste.... almost carbonated..... it had a bite and a chalky texture... it was delicious. Thanks to lily for the white elephant gift!

Well I am working the lunch and dinner rushes tomorrow... and am a bit stressed but I hear a little stress is good in life... as long as it does not get out of hand. I was on the grill the whole time today throughout the lunch rush... it was hectic but I made it through. I still have more then enough room to improve.

3 comments:

Snl said...

Never tried Sake and i'm not sure if i can find it easily around here, for that i have no clue about the taste! I will try to find it wednesday and i will let you know about the experience! ;9

Michael Walton said...

I found your blog through youtube when I watched your movie "What do you want from your life?" I'll try to check your blog every once in a while from now on, keep it up.

liliana said...

Hey Matt,
I'm glad you're trying sake. Sounds like you are tasting some good ones. The unfiltered nigori is one of my favorite types, too. I hope all is well with you. It would be great to see you some time.
Lily