Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Finding a life

This sucks! Playing wow for 10 hours a day to trying to get a job for 8 hours a day is a huge difference. I find myself sitting in parks alot trying to stay cool and writing what i am thinking in hopes of figuring out my lack of drive to find a job. I pass the time looking at people with lives. They are all doing something, playing baseball, running, walking their dog, and playing with their children. When you focus on entertaining yourself at home you become very good at it and you lose a real life. I have always packed my brain with so much media, that i am not so sure that I have ever had a real life. I guess this is me trying to learn how to live. It is not an easy task.
I guess the thing that bothers me is that i know i am a good worker but i don't seen to be able to sell myself well when in a job finding situation. I wonder where my low self-esteem comes from.
Something else that stems from the years of wideo games is the lack of real relationships. I would say i spend 85% on average of my time alone. Oviously alot of that is because of being jobless at the moment. It's not like i don't like being around people. Hell I love it, and if given the chance i would sepend 5 out of 7 night with friends. In the times my life tht i could i would spend al my time hanging out with people and spend the least amount of time home.
I can't wait to get a job. For the time it uses, the people, and the money. I can't wait ot have money again. I imagine that some people want money for that new car or house or remolding but me, i can't wait to buy new shoes to replace the 2.5 year old ones that i am wearing at the moment, and the clothes from high-school with holes in the butt region, and have enough left over to go out every once and a while and a occasional bottle of wine to continue my search for the prefect bottle of inexpensive but decent wine. I try to be content with my stuff and i try to enjoy life and the simple things in it...... but here i am wanting more then i have.... something to work on.

No comments: