Friday, July 18, 2008

Can't Sleep

I can't sleep. My mind just doesn't slow down some nights resulting in not being able to sleep.

I realized this. I feel no purpose in life right now.
I have nothing that makes me want to get up it the morning.
I need a job but I am really finding it hard to get one. I have alot of trouble with motivation. Drive to accomplish things is just completely non-existent. I find myself just down right bored recently. All my passion for the things I like has faded. I feel like a ghost, a shell of a person. I used to be excited about getting a new job and meeting new people but now I feel lost. I don't know what to do or what I can do to get excited about life again. Maybe I am depressed. I wish that someone would break into my house and shoot at me a few times.... maybe then I would wake up. It is such a weird feeling. I have felt depression many times before but I always could cry about it or something.... but now I simply don't care about much. I have nothing to work towards or do. Man I need a job! This is why I hate unemployment so much!

I just watched "There will be blood" tonight. It was not a very easy movie to watch. I would recommend seeing it once at least. It tells a good story. The music made me uncomfortable the whole movie. It's great, see it! haha

So... I don't know where this blog is leading..... I guess I just want to share some stuff about myself with you guys and some insights I have(not to say that they are of much value).

I don't know I am being to nagative because I am tierd? Will I feel drive in the morning and be more positive?
It's hard to function on 2.5 hours of sleep. I don't know... I guess if anyone wants they can send some advice my way but I think this is one I am ultimately going to have to crack myself. Wierd... i have never felt so passive about life before.

2 comments:

Chris-Tina Moreno said...

Matt-
I always feel depressed when I don't get enough sleep. That is why I have learned not to listen to my own thoughts or ideas when I am sleep deprived. It is good that you are going for a run and allowing yourself some quiet time every day to think, but you have to sleep.

Sending love, Chris

Lori said...

I echo what Chris just said: sleep deprivation makes the psyche go koo-koo. If I've had a bad night, Ted calls the ensuing day a "sick day" as I feel like I have the flu--can hardly do anything much less have a coherent thought. You must sleep.