Saturday, July 12, 2008

Mornings...

Some are good, some are bad. This morning was a particularly good one for me. Even though I was fairly groggy and upset I found myself in a very positive, upbeat mood. I woke at 10 am to find 2 strangers in my house. So much for the running. My land lord arrived to show them around and my room was.... I mean is in a very messy state. One of the strangers said "Hi I am Sara" and my response was "Hi I just woke up". I guess I was kind of an asshole but it was not my intent. "Oh sorry" she said as we walked to the frond deck. "So we can wait out here since you just woke up." "Naw it's fine just go have a look around" I said as I went to hide in the bathroom(a very old tactic of mine for avoiding strangers). I felt like everyone was speaking a language that I barely could understand. After about 3 minutes in the bathroom I come out to find my land lord standing right there. "Hey Matt." "Hi....... I just woke up" I said. Why did I find it so important to let everyone know that I just woke up?!?
A new stranger appeared leaning on the doorway to the kitchen. I was trying to find out how old attractive Sara was and if that stranger was her mom or the other girl was her friend or kid...... I could not concentrate. To add to it all Sara looked really familiar! I just could not place her. Then they went outside and I retreated into my messy lair with a sigh of relief.

Somehow through my anti-social experience this morning and a mild hang-over I retained my good attitude and am still really happy. Weird. I think I should be in a bad mood.

off to Salem!

I think the doorway stranger is my land lord's wife... I guess he got a new wife!

1 comment:

Snl said...

This blog is very very nice to read! I guess i should do something similar in portuguese!