Saturday, July 12, 2008

A Letter...

To Matt/Steph
From Matt

Dear Steph,
Thank you for the good conversation in the car to and from Salem. You really have a way of clearing my mind and motivating me. By talking to you I remember my priorities. Remember that Matt!

Dear Matt,
You know that what you want to do is. You want to thrive and flourish in life. Whatever it is that you do, make it yours and do it up right! You are not happy living life in World of Warcraft or any other video game. All things in moderation.

You are going to get a job soon. Why? Because you need one and you fear that you would get to comfortable living with Ted and Lori and end up a leech. You do not want to do that...... so DON'T!

Your body is angry with you. Watch your diet and eat in meals not snacking all day long. You need more physical activity. Running 3-4 times a week is not enough. Be active at least once a day.

Occupy your mind. This blog is a great way to do that. Remember that the busier you are the more productive you are outside of structured environments like work. Begin to read.

Be more selfless!

These are things YOU are going to do.... don't think about them, just do it!

These are not hard things to do. You can do it. When you fail.... think about why you failed and do not make the same mistake twice.

Most importantly remember through all this that you are imperfect and need to forgive yourself when you do fail.

Kick ass!

-Matt

Sorry to bore the 2 people who read my blog. This is a to do list. I don't want to post this because it makes me seem so petty. Well I have to change somehow and this is part of me trying to write stuff down. I seem to forget my priorities alot especially the week. So.... this'll help. If anyone sees something I missed then lemme know!

Oh I need to practice my children skills since I will be moving in with a 1 year-old and I want to spend some more time with my 2 nephews. So Steph you'll be getting some time to yourself soon! I will call you sometime this week.

3 comments:

Lori said...

Stephanie gives amazing advice. All who know her are lucky to have in their lives.

Unknown said...

Happy to be of service. Whenever you need a pep talk, just call up anytime!

Snl said...

Ok, i hear you guys!

Hi Stephanie!! lol, yes, we all need advice in a part of our life's! ;)

Go ahead Matt, be sure you follow your own rules!