Friday, July 11, 2008

viruses , beer, and craigslist

5:15 in the PM and want beer!
After eradicating a rather annoying virus from my computer through the painful task of re-formating 2 partitions and re-installing windows, I want beer! Sadly many programs were lost in the fight and their deletion along with the virus brought a bitter-sweet victory. As I finally found the command "Format F:" I entered the code and with great joy I slammed down on "enter" to find that my battle board did posses the durability that it once had. My eyes widened at I looked to find that I had shattered such a vital key on my board. I wept blood.

Well I guess I am another 15 dollars in the hole.

Once my brain began to function after inhaling excessive amounts of dust while realizing how much stuff I had packed away in my closet....... I found my ethernet driver and came back online. With all my worthless possessions surrounding me I went to www.craigslist.com to rid myself of them. 28 computer games, an ond ctr monitor, a really nice cpu cooler, and computer case became postings on craigslist. 1 min later I received several e-mails. Why does everyone interested in my spare part have to live way out in suburbia? Worth the 15 dollars? We shall see.

So here I am with no cash and large pile of change collected over that last 4 years or so. I count the quarters...
$28.75. Well that is enough to get some beer that's for sure, but I had hoped it would have been more. It will have to do for now.

Time to go for a bike ride.


No comments: